Tuesday 18 March 2014

GIMP II

Good evening people :) Last month I posted something about GIMP. Well, this time I'll continue explaining some of the things we've been learning about this program.

This month we've been asked to do a poster about D. Juan Tenorio's play that is to take place here at Juanelo Turriano and an image of a face in a fruit. Doing this we have learnt to use better GIMP. For example, we've worked with "colours". For the poster I've posterized each layer, and I've added brightness and saturation to Doña Inés and Don Juan.

We've also learnt how to fuse two layers between them. It's as simple as selecting the later cape of those you want to fuse at the Image's Layers Window and change its "Mode" from normal to the one you think that looks better. You can change the transparency where the percentage is or modify colours in the top bar, in the colours' tab. When you get used to using it, it becomes very easy and amusing.



I hope you liked my images and you learned with my explanations. I recommend you to try GIMP because it's a very interesting program, and why not to try new things? See you next post ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment something!